Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted
Asian College of Teachers in academic collaboration with Fort Hays State University offers Master of Science in Special Education – Gifted in the online mode of learning and is apt for teachers and educators who are looking to gain expertise in the field of Special Education and upgrade their career. Those who want to develop their understanding as a SEN educator and are aiming for greater responsibilities and senior positions in institutes around the world will also find this course extremely beneficial.
This course particularly focuses on the various possible approaches of dealing with “gifted” children. “Gifted” children are those whose abilities and capabilities are significantly higher than the usual norm for their age. Children may be gifted in various areas like creativity, intellectuality, leadership, or in specific areas like language development, educational subjects like mathematics, science, or arts. The teachers as well as adults must ensure that these gifted children are provided with the utmost care and guidance so that they are able to realise their full potential and achieve their bigger goals in life.
- Duration of the course is between 1 year and 5 years
- Each semester is of 3 ½ months duration
- Online course is flexible enough to be pursued from any corner of the globe
Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is another contemporary course, perfect for the modern day teachers who (may) face learners in the classroom who are considered to be “gifted”. Gifted and talented children often find the regular curriculum in their education quite non-motivating and drab. This course focuses on preparing the candidates with learning models which are stimulating enough for the students to create interest in them.
It is a Master Degree course and therefore is quite an intensive one with detailed information on the effective handling of the gifted students, and will acquaint the candidates with all the management and educational strategies helping them to build a successful career in the international scenario. The course being a Master degree will aim to produce teachers who will make valuable contributions to the organisations that they will work for. Also, since the course is online, hence the candidates can pursue it from any part of the globe.
- Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is a long term Master Degree course
- Minimum educational criterion is a Bachelor’s Degree
- Both aspiring and experienced teachers can pursue this online course
- The following needs to be provided for English Language Proficiency:
- Minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 213 on the computer based, 550 on the paper-based test, or 79 on the Internet-based test. Applicant must request testing centre to send official score results to FHSU.
- Overall band score of 6.5 or higher on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Applicant must request testing centre to send official score results to FHSU.
- Verification of English as native language 3 o Evidence of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education
- Documentation of completion of an approved intensive English language program.
Students must complete the above course requirements as well as meet these requirements:
- Complete the candidacy form (This is done after 9 hours have been completed and before 15 hours have been completed).
- Submit intent to graduate before the deadline according to the calendar posted on the FHSU website.
- This deadline is usually in the first or second week of the students’ last semester.
- Program of study GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
- Pass comprehensive exams.
Teachers looking for successful international career in the field of Special Education and looking for Master degree program at the same time, are encouraged to pursue this professional course; more so because the course is provided in collaboration with Fort Hays State University (FHSU), Kansas, whereby you will receive certification from FHSU after successful course completion. The course will help to take your career to the next level and ensure that you are able to build a truly international career in the Education Sector.
- Course is available in online mode
- Payment to be done semester wise depending on how many subjects (credits) candidates select
Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted is an online course targeted at a niche audience who are looking to become Certified Special Educators to Gifted and Talented Children who are gifted with abilities in various domains. Gifted children usually possess higher intelligence and capabilities than their peers, they may also have various Special Needs and therefore need to be handled using different approaches. The course does precisely that; it makes the candidates aware of the effective approaches of dealing with “Gifted” Children as also the effective ways of communicating with the parents. The course is available at 6 lacs INR / 9300 USD (all inclusive). Payments will be semester wise depending on how many subjects (credits) the candidates choose.
|6,00,000 INR||9300 USD||7050 GBP||308070 THB|
- AEP 803 Educational Research
- SPED 802 Theories of Exceptionalities and Diversity
- SPED 804 Behavior Management in Schools
- SPED 805 Assessment and Lab in Special Education
- SPED 806 Materials and Methods for Exceptional Children
- SPED 810 Technology in Special Education
- SPED 811 Characteristics of Early Childhood Special Education
- SPED 852 Educational Strategies: Gifted
- SPED 861 Vocational/Transition Education
- SPED 859 Practical Collaboration & Consult: Gifted
Credit for prior learning courses
- AEP 880 Cultural Diversity
- SPED 801 Legal Issues in Special Education
Candidates after successfully completing their course will, receive Certification from Fort Hays State University, helping them with their employment opportunities and boosting their job prospects around the world.
- Easy admission process
- Applications can be submitted online
- Opt for any of our online payment scheme
If you are looking to start your teaching career with Gifted Students with or without Special Needs, pursue this course in collaboration with FHSU, Kansas. For enrolment, you need to fill up an Online Application Form with all your necessary information and your accurate contact information. After successfully submitting the form, you will receive the course details via email and phone call from our Admission Executives. You will be mailed all the course fee details once your enrolment is confirmed. The course fee can be done through online payment using Debit / Credit Card or by Cash, Cheque or Demand Draft. Once your payment is confirmed, you will receive Online Admission Form via email which must be filled and submitted in order to receive online access to the course.
If you are looking for an international career in the field of Education for Gifted Students, teaching and tutoring SEN children, then by pursuing this course will open many new avenues for you in various institutes around the globe. There are ample opportunities for Special Educators who are also competent in handling Gifted Students with a globally recognised training certificate, all around the world.
Candidates holding a Master degree in the relevant subject can teach the students in classrooms, act as a co-ordinator, counsellor or even help in course curriculum/educational plan/material development in schools and other institutes accommodating learners of all learning abilities. The course being provided to you in collaboration with FHSU will ensure that your candidature gets priority in top institutes around the world. The Master degree course will certainly enable you to strengthen you career in the field of Special Education working with Gifted and Talented Students in places all around the world.
- Complete Academic Support throughout the course
- Candidates can learn at own pace
- Study materials available onlines
As you enrol with us for the course- Master of Science in Special Education - Gifted, connect with the e-structors and expect complete guidance from the experienced Academic Support Team of Fort Hays State University (FHSU) who is dedicated to assist you and help you to achieve your learning goals. The tutors provide complete support to the candidates with their queries and doubts and guide them through all the aspects, advising them whenever they need some. They extend their tutoring support by sharing relevant information and answering your queries related to the course content. Since the course offers flexible learning, you can take the opportunity to learn at your own pace and opt for any kind of assistance whenever you need any.
All the teacher training courses offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) are accredited by international organizations and bodies of repute. The academic partnership between ACT and FHSU will provide the students with valuable exposure, embedding requisite knowledge and developing experience for better employment.
FHSU which began its first academic session in 1902 is a progressive, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest comprising of 15,000 enrolled students and offering certificate and degree programs at the associate, bachelor's and master's levels through 31 academic departments. The University also offers a Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree.