Master of Science in Education (English Speakers of Other Languages)
Asian College of Teachers in academic collaboration with Fort Hays State University offers Master of Science in Education (English Speakers of Other Languages) which is an advanced level course for those who want to take up a TESOL career or for those who are already associated with EFL/ESL teaching and likely to upgrade their teaching skills or are keen to explore new approaches related to EFL/ESL teaching. The course is designed in a detailed manner and is drawn on researches and provides the candidates with the understanding of the English language teaching and learning methods. Those who are keen to advance their TEFL career need to master the latest pedagogical techniques and being able to impart fundamental skills to the learners of English language, planning appropriate lessons, managing classrooms etc. The course offered by Fort Hays State University has incorporated a wide range of teaching methods and varied instruction strategies to adequately train aspiring as well as working teachers for a successful EFL/ESL teaching career.
- The duration of the course is of minimum 1 year to maximum 5 years
- Courses are delivered in semester pattern. There are three semesters in a year and each semester, candidate can choose 1 and above topics.
- Each semester is of 3.5 months duration
- The course is conducted on a 100% online mode of learning
- Online master’s course offers enough flexibility to the candidates pursuing from any part of the globe
Master's in TESOL/TEFL is a 1 year comprehensive course which equips the prospective teachers with a complete range of professional skills and techniques of teaching students around the globe. It offers enough flexibility to the candidates who can pursue it in online mode from any part of the globe.
- Minimum TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 213 on the computer based, 550 on the paper-based test, or 79 on the Internet-based test. Applicant must request testing center to send official score results to FHSU.
- Overall band score of 6.5 or higher in IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Applicant must request testing center to send official score results to FHSU.
- Verification of English as native language 3
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited U.S. institution of higher education
- Documentation of completion of an approved intensive English language program.
- Complete the candidacy form (This is done after 9 hours have been completed and before 15 hours have been completed)
- Submit intent to graduate before the deadline according to the calendar posted on the FHSU website. This deadline is usually in the first or second week of the students’ last semester
- Program of study GPA must be 3.0 or higher
- Pass comprehensive exams
Master of Science in Education (English Speakers of Other Languages) acquaints both the aspiring and experienced educators with EFL/ESL teaching techniques and is priced at a reasonable course fee of 6,00,000 INR (inclusive of all taxes), 9300 USD/ 7050 GBP/ 3,08,070 THB for the online mode. Payment will be semester wise depending on how many subjects (credits) the candidate is choosing. The course can be pursued by teaching professionals who are willing to venture into the field of education with a focus on TEFL and is suitable for all those people who are involved or already associated with TESOL industry or planning a long term career in TEFL.
- Master of Science in Education (English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Courses provided online through FHSU’s Virtual College
- AEP 800 Utilization of Technology
- AEP 803 Educational Research
- AEP 858 Data Analysis and Assessment
- AEP 867 Instructional Design & Assessment
- ESOL 882 ESOL Linguistics
- ESOL 883 ESOL Assessment and Appraisal
- ESOL 884 ESOL Methods and Materials
- ESOL 885 ESOL Practicum
- READ 884 Literacy Development
- Credit for prior learning courses
- AEP 855 Educational Leadership
- AEP 880 Cultural Diversity
Successful completion of the course will award the candidates with a Masters Certificate from Fort Hays State University (FHSU).
- ACT will enrol candidates for FHSU Master’s program
- Candidates need to apply online through FHSU website
- Personal Statement, Letters of Recommendation and Transcripts
- Resume including education, accomplishments, special skills, work experience, awards, grants, publications etc must be provided
- Candidates can learn and prepare at their convenience Accreditation
Master of Science in Education (English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)) is suitable for all those people who are interested or already associated with teaching or is passionate about it. This exciting and demanding course will develop your knowledge and critical thinking skills regarding the principles and practice of ESOL teaching and learning and as such can open doors for you in your career along with giving a right start to your career. The course aims at preparing candidates to become global educators and work efficiently at various international locales with different cultural diversities. The course is open to both working and experienced teachers willing to give a boost to their teaching career. Other than being a skilled English teacher, you can also choose to become nursery managers, assistant head teachers, disability coordinators within universities and national trainers for charitable organisations.
All the teacher training courses offered by Asian College of Teachers (ACT) are accredited by international organizations and bodies of repute. The academic partnership between ACT and FHSU will provide the students with valuable exposure, embedding requisite knowledge and developing experience for better employment.
FHSU which began its first academic session in 1902 is a progressive, entrepreneurial university of the Midwest comprising of 15,000 enrolled students and offering certificate and degree programs at the associate, bachelor's and master's levels through 31 academic departments.